Who is Drea M.?

Stop it right now!

My name is Drea.  I am also known as Andrea, Andi, Angie, Chico, Auntie Chick, Andimac, Midge, Crumb, Little Mac, Bunny, and an infinite list of others, not all of which are appropriate for all audiences.

I have as many occupations as I do nicknames.  These include (but are not limited to):  painting, writing, skydiving, mountain-biking, windsurfing, sculpting, emergency dispatching, court reporting, and performing amateur psychology.  Some of these even earn me money.

My life takes place currently on the beautifully wild South Shore of Nova Scotia, where I spend my summers avoiding reality (of a sort) and embracing reality (of sorts).  Winters are spent hibernating.

I have nothing of great import to say and have a long-standing love/hate attitude about bloggers, but I have decided finally, under duress, to join the masses and contribute to blogdom, in part to pay for my own voyeuristic tendencies.

I make no promises.  I suck at commitment, so my postings will be completely random, when the mood strikes, when I need to rant, or when I just need to hear myself speak (so to speak).  As for topic – you are again at my mercy.  I will ramble endlessly about ridiculous things that most likely interest no one, and that will often include myself.  Tough.  That’s what blogging is all about, so suck it up.

I DO, however, guarantee that I will be a smart-ass at least 90% of the time, tapdancing like a court jester to keep you amused in the hopes that you will like me.  The other 10% of the time, I may be sincere to the point of sugar-shock (again…in the hopes that you will like me).  Or whiny (not caring if you like me or not).  Another roll of the blogging dice.

Welcome to my world.  Hope you brought your flashlight.

 

Save

Save

Published on July 18, 2008 at 3:33 pm  Comments (8)  

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://andreamacmillan.com/about/trackback/

RSS feed for comments on this post.

8 CommentsLeave a comment

  1. Always good to read about Windsurfing, my ex was of olympic standards..

    Can I ask though – how did you get this picked up and into google news?

    Very impressive, is it something that is just up to Google or you actively created?

    Obviously this is a popular blog with great data so well done on your seo success..

  2. I’m on Google???

    I rock.

    Apparently.

  3. ok, i’m blogrolling you. we both seem to think the world revolves around us! 😉

  4. 🙂

  5. Your smart-assedness is very much appreciated 🙂

  6. Oh yes Andrea, this totally works for me. I like your ethos in general. Will read more. 😉

  7. Your a funny(in a “oh my God that’s great “wa!!) Plus your advice for the broken-hearted…sniff,.. was truly “to the bone” visionary at the least..sniff,sniff.But The reference to Edgar Allen Poe in the Halifax graveyard sent “weegeebee’s,(new fav.word) up me spine girl!!!I wish I didn’t have to leave but I’ll read some more,Oh and (I),
    like your “pathos” haha,neat stuff kiddo,you got the bug!!!

  8. I am randomly at your door or window, lending an eye or ear. 🙂 You are randomly appealing, intriguing, exciting, scary/overwhelming and beautiful. And, you can be quite witty. 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: