Okay, so…yeah. I know. We aaaaallll wanna get skinny, organized and rich in the New Year. Whatever. *snore*
I would like to suggest that this year you try it MY way.
Drea M.’s Suggestions for Things to Do in 2009:
- Dance on a different continent.
- Dye your hair a colour it’s never been.
- Learn a new language. Don’t choose which language to learn based on what you think would be practical or easy. Base your decision solely on which language has the silliest accent when speaking English with it.
- Go on a road trip completely guided by the eyes-shut-and-point method of map reading. Take lots of pictures and notes so you can tell funny stories about your adventures when you return.
- Make something prettier. (Your home, your yard, yourself, your community, your toilet brush, something…)
- Hike as far into the wilderness as possible and spend the night sleeping under the stars (no tent). Hope to see bears. (DISCLAIMER: All encounters with bears are solely the responsibility of the reader. Drea M. cannot be held liable for any readers eaten by bears.)
- Write funny things on Post-Its and leave them in weird places for strangers to find (Ideas: “You look FABULOUS today!”, “Don’t look behind you!”, “What are you forgetting to do?”, “Burn after reading”)
- Be part of a flash mob. Start one if necessary.
- Give blood (voluntarily, that is).
- Give to charity. (You can SO afford it, asshole.)
- See the Northern Lights.
- Hold a spider (Okay, this one is on my list every year. But this year I’m really gonna do it. And I’m going to smile. And make sure there is photographic evidence.)
- Fall in love (with anything. Another human, a pet, a book, a song…hell, yourself. Whatever. It doesn’t have to be forever. Just do it for the fun of it.)
- Spend an entire day with a close friend doing nothing but drinking beer and watching an entire movie series (Monty Python, Lord of the Rings, The Godfather, Star Wars, etc.) Have lots of snacks. Even more fun if you are playing hooky from something more serious in order to do this.
- Paint flowers on your car (I’ve already done this, but decided to pass it on because it’s very liberating and you cannot help but smile every single time you approach your car when it is covered with flowers. This serves to improve your quality of life.)
- Define your biggest fear. Then overcome it.
- Decide what you need to live an absolutely fabulous life. Then get it.
See? You’re having more fun already, aren’t you?