I have currently been awake for 28 hours. Since 7 am yesterday morning, I have:
- Read and edited the entire first draft of a novel I’m working on (don’t get excited – it sucks. But it’s like when you make pancakes. The first couple are always lousy. I’ll write something someday that will make it out of the Desk Drawer of Shame.)
- Gone for a two-hour hike along the ocean.
- Gone for an extended swim in same ocean.
- Stepped on a jelly-fish (not actually on my to-do list, just thought I’d take another stab at the sympathy vote. I mean, it was dead, so it didn’t sting me or anything…it was just really yucky.)
- Worked an eight-hour graveyard shift at the ol’ emerg dispatch, where I helped save 14,985 lives and wrote 688,324 reports.
- Enjoyed a 40-minute thrill-ride through the jungles of Bridgewater on Spike the Mountain Bike.
- Updated my blog. Twice.
- Finished the sketch for a portrait commission (it’s coming, Tanya – it’s coming soon) and transferred it to art paper.
- Scooped more cat litter than any human should ever be required to scoop.
- Taken a leisurely stroll through the gardens surrounding my loverly home.
I am curling up with Pyewackett the Magnificent and my new book, of which I hope to read no more than three pages before being swept away in the arms of my darling Morpheus.